Thursday, January 1, 2009

Highlight #3: Getting engaged

As you probably all know, Chris and I are getting married in October of 2009! I am so excited for our wedding. He proposed this May in Stowe, VT, while he whisked me away for a surprise getaway. He told me to pack a bag, and then took me on a hike with the ring in his pocket the whole time. When we got to the top of the hike, the views were entirely unimpressive, there were several groups/families eating lunch up there with kids running around and yelling, and we were being swarmed by bugs. He decided the time wasn't quite right. But later that night, at the Hob Knob Inn after a delicious Italian dinner at a restaurant in Stowe, the setting was a little better and with a CD playing that he made for me last year, he got on his knee and asked me to marry him. And I said... Yes! It was so wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment