Friday, January 16, 2009

Get Ready... Peru posts coming

I am at work right now. I'm on the OB floor and we don't have any patients. That's right, I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off on Monday and Tuesday, epidurals and C-sections left and right, and today there is no one here. But I am absolutely not complaining, because its giving me a chance to type up the Peru journal! I kept a journal while we were there, and I'll post each day's entry as a blog post. Warning - they are LONG. The photos will be included in the posts, and I'll start putting them up as soon as I get home and can add some pics.

background info:
-It is the same time in Peru as it is on the East Coast (they don't do daylight savings time, though)
-Nuevo Soles (sol=sun) are their currency, and it is approximately 3 soles per dollar
-But many places also accept dollars, oddly enough, and if they don't explicitly state the cost in dollars most places will take them at a 3:1 exchange rate

Ok, get ready for more than you ever wanted to know about our 10 days in Peru!


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment