Monday, December 15, 2008

Trying to get into the christmas spirit

I've been working hard all day on a presentation that I have to give tomorrow night.



I got off work this morning, after being on call overnight, and came home with the idea that I would work on it and then take a nap. That lasted a very short time, and I went back to bed. I woke up about noon and spent the next 6 hours sitting in this very spot. I finished my presentation for the most part, just a few little things that I hope to get done tomorrow early morning. Then I practiced for Chris, who gave it two thumbs up. He may be a little biased though - I'll have to give you another update after I give the presentation tomorrow.

While I was working, the fed ex man brought us a wonderful big box that helped us get into the christmas spirit. The box was full of surprises from Chris's parents! There were lots of presents in there, so we put them under our tree (which is about 8 inches tall). They joined the presents Chris has bought but I have been so busy that I have barely bought any gifts so far. There were some decorations in there.



The snack of hot chocolate and an orange, courtesy of Ellie, were the only things I ate so far today. Thank you, Ellie, for helping sustain me in my long day of work!

After the presentation tomorrow, I'll be able to get more done! Goals for the week: A batch of homebrew (I can't believe I haven't posted about homebrew in DAYS), Christmas shopping, finish up those last few christmas cards, and get a few blog posts online!

No comments:

Post a Comment