Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I love children's books

Look at all these books!



I love children's books. I had so much fun shopping for some wonderful children in our lives today. Between working in a public library and spending much of my working life babysitting (or working as a nanny, which I like to say because it sounds much fancier) I have spent a decent amount of time with children's books. I definitely have many favorites. I love to give books as gifts to kids, and I love reading books with kids! The hard part is that I always figure that the books I love are the same ones everyone loves so the kids probably already have them, but that's why they make gift receipts, so that parents can pick out their own favorites. (Or the latest Martha Stewart magazine, which I would also approve of.) I guess I am just a big nerd (I've always loved to read, just ask my dad, who took me to the bookstore almost every week when I was growing up!) but I can't help it. :) If there is one thing I am looking forward to most about having kids, even more than changing diapers, talking about how precious my kids are, or having somebody to bring me a beer, it is reading to them!

Some of my favorites:









No comments:

Post a Comment