Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry christmas!

Today I am at work. :( Oh well, it happens. I am just over 12 hours away from vacation, so I can't complain too much! I just wanted to post about what a wonderful christmas I've had so far! Chris and I opened presents last night, since I'm working today and tomorrow we are heading up to Connecticut to spend Boxing Day with Victoria and her wonderful parents. We can't wait! We are bringing beer and cookies so hopefully we will be welcomed. One of my favorite gifts was the camera strap that I wanted! Thank you Chris! It goes around my neck and shoulder, and instead of the camera swinging loose from around my neck and knocking into things like walls and tables (or, more often, into Lilly's head) when I lean over, this one attaches to the camera and then the camera slides along the strap. Kind of hard to explain but Traci talked about it in her blog post with gift ideas for photographers. I want it all!

We also had big boxes of presents from Walt and Ellie and from Bob and Fran. Thank you guys so much! Everything is so thoughtful. Lots of handy dried mixes for us to make soups in our slow cooker - that is ideal. And lotion, poop bags, chocolate oranges, night light, treats - all is much appreciated! Thank you so much to our wonderful families who have made a Christmas away from home really pleasant for us.

I almost forgot to mention that I got a beer kit from Will! I can't wait to brew the american pale ale, a Sunshine Wheat clone. Jaz and Will had such a good time at the homebrew store picking everything out, now they are thinking about brewing themselves! I hope they do! I can't wait to make this beer. I think it will be the first one we do when we get home from vacation.

Ah yes, vacation! We are headed to Peru next week! I am super excited. I can't wait to do some travelling and see some new things. We are going to macchu piccu, the amazon jungle, and I'm not sure what other wonderful things we'll see. I don't know how often I'll be able to blog but I may store up a couple to post while we're gone. And definitely expect some big long posts when we get back!

We also got some treats last week in the mail, from Lea. There were homemade chocolate pretzels (luckily Chris saved me a few!) and some delicious bread. Leah gave us a recipe for doggie treats along with some treats from Hawaii! At least the box is Hawaiian - her favorite place. Lilly loves them. Thank you so much!!

Well, so sorry not to have pictures to post right now, but I don't have the computer in front of me. Yet another reason why I need a macbook air. Maybe next year.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment