Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Top 10 lists

I thought I'd finish out the year with some top 10 lists. I didn't know where to start, or what categories to list my top 10 of! NPR was asking for listeners' top 10 albums of the year. I thought - I listen to music all the time and I don't even think I bought 10 albums this year. I could name maybe my top 3 albums of the year. I definitely didn't read any books this year. I might have read 10 magazines. They were all equal in my eyes though. I guess I brewed about 10 beers... all of my beers are in the top 10, then.

I guess I'll start the year with the lowlights... I could only think of 3. Everything else was pretty sweet this year, I have to say.
In no particular order, the top (or bottom) yucky events of the year:

-Moving into a 4th floor walkup apartment at 2am after an overnight flight back from denver to burlington the night before and driving all day from burlington to new york via jersey city and then starting orientation the next morning without any sleep.



-Having my car frozen in the ice in front of the house for 2 weeks. Despite tons of hot water, hacking with a shovel, salt, cardboard and other methods of friction improvement... the only remedy was the good old sunlight, something we didn't get much of in Vermont.



-Cutting my thumb on a knife in the dishwasher on thanksgiving.



Stay tuned for more 2008 lists.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to add cutting my finger while chopping an onion.

    ReplyDelete