Monday, May 4, 2009

Vacation!

As of this morning, my vacation was officially over. I've been off for the past two weeks. I figured that would mean I'd be doing lots of blogging, but apparently I figured wrong! I haven't posted in over a month. Now I feel like I have to post things to be catching up instead of writing about the stuff I want to be writing about. But I do want to write about my trip to Colorado... I'll start with the fun stuff I've done since I got back, then later this week I'll do a post about the CO trip.

On the day we got back, we got to pick up a doggie who had been at Pet Camp for a week! She was happy to see us so that was fun. We spent the weekend hanging out and relaxing. We did go out and walk around a bit but didn't do any activities, really. It was so nice just to sleep in and not have anything to do every day. We went to the gym a lot last week, which was really cool.

Two days after we got back, it got REALLY hot. It went up to the 90s so Chris installed our air conditioners in the windows. That kept us very comfy in our hot hot apartment! We also brewed beer, oh, that's going to have to be another post!

We tried a couple of new restaurants. Thai on Two is on Second Avenue. It was okay, but I guess I still like Lantern better. That is the thai restaurant that is just a block from our house. We decided to branch out, but now I'm thinking, why bother?? They have good food, good prices, good atmosphere, and Brooklyn on tap. I guess we were just disappointed in their delivery a couple times. Maybe for delivery we'll try ThaiNY, that is a place we frequently order from at work and they're always good. Also close by. Another restaurant we tried was Cafeteria, that place was tasty, average prices, kind of a fun atmosphere. And they made a really delicious cucumber martini! My favorite drink which I almost never have! I can't remember if we ate out at any other place.

I got to visit with some friends who I haven't seen in awhile since I've had such a busy spring. That was really fun. I also lounged around and spent a lot of time looking at wedding stuff online! I ordered a few items for projects that I'm working on for the wedding - secret stuff! I didn't finish everything that I wanted to but then again not everything arrived that I wanted to. I guess I still have 5 months to work on it!

We also gave Lilly a bath on Saturday night. She was not thrilled about it, but she seems to be getting more used to it. After all, she's had about 5 since she's been with us now. :) She wasn't even shaking. She did try to get out of the tub every time she sensed our grip on her was loosening but she tolerated it pretty well overall. And now she's so soft and smells so nice!

Vacation is the best invention ever. It was so nice and relaxing, and especially wonderful to get to spend time with Chris since our schedules don't exactly allow us much time together these days. Sorry I didn't take many pictures to tell about, but don't worry, there are tons yet to come from the CO trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment