Thursday, May 7, 2009

Colorado trip, starring Emma

Chris and I got to go back to Colorado a couple weeks ago while we were on vacation. We were there for a week and had a great time. Of course, every day was jampacked with activity. On the night we arrived, we were able to hit Rock Bottom in Westminster. This is one of a chain of brewpubs. They have a few basic brews and the brewmaster at each place is able to also tinker a little bit, which makes it fun to try different places. They have great food too. I think the menu is the same at all of them, and I think I recently got an email that talked about a new menu. So maybe there are new tasty things for us to try there.

Anyway I unfortunately didn't get any photos the first night. I forgot my camera. But on Saturday, we got up and went over to Chris's sister Heather's house. We had a delicious breakfast and then got to play with our niece Emma, age 2, for a couple of hours which was a big treat for us.





She was waiting for us at the window when we arrived!



Even though we don't get to see her often, she warmed right up to us and even hosted a tea party.



She knows us from photos, and she also knows Lilly from our save-the-date photo. She was disappointed that we didn't bring Lilly with us. She even has a toy dog named Lilly! She also has a karate tiger (I forgot his name, but all her friends have names) who says "Hiiiiii-YAH!"



She built a house with her colorful materials.





She had very definite ideas about how everything would come together.









I guess Emma wasn't the only person there!



Heather is also very photogenic and we have far too few photos of her (and apparently even fewer photos of her husband Pete, we didn't get any shots of him this time!)

After that, we met my Uncle Jack,



Aunt Janell,



Cousin Daniel,



brother and sister-in-law Nathan and Alisha,



and adorable nephew Joey



for lunch. Joey was having fun exchanging sinister looks with me.



We got to enjoy some delicious mexican food at Blue Bonnet, which we had been craving! Yum!

Later that night, Chris went on to his bachelor party. Two of his good friends are getting married this year also, and they had their bachelor party together. I wanted him to take a camera, but the guys had all agreed on a no-camera-no-phone rule. Probably better that way, I suppose. It sounds like they had a blast. They ate hamburgers and went bowling and all stayed together at a hotel in Denver.

Back at my mom's, I was working on another project. Some of my best friends came over. We enjoyed some wine, cheese, and cookies and we all worked together to paint on the wedding invitations. It was such a great time and they all turned out great!













More from our trip yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment