Tuesday, June 2, 2009

MOMA

No, I'm not crying out for my mother... Last week we went to the Museum of Modern Art, or MoMA. It was such a fun day. I got off work at about 9 in the morning after working overnight, and I'd gotten a few hours of sleep so I was ready to do something fun. It was Thursday, Chris's day off and the start of his weekend since he has been working Saturday through Wednesday. Chris was the official photographer of the day. We went out to lunch at a place in our Diner's Deck, Bill's Gay 90's. I thought this would be a rowdy, college-type dive bar... I was really wrong. It was a little on the fancy side. Everything was very tasty and we saved $10 with our card. We still have about 50 more cards to go, and only six months left in the year... anybody want a $10 coupon to a Manhattan restaurant??



Then we met Jasand, who got us free tickets. Thanks, Jasand!! Chris hadn't been to MoMA before. It was more crowded than I expected for the daytime.



The museum is arranged in a timeline style, so you go through the older works first, up to the most recent stuff.



I think the most recent works are more interesting but I was pretty tired by the time we got to those.







I'll have to come back another time and start at the end!



Its funny how walking around and looking at art can wear you out.



This was one of my favorites - I loved the texture and the detail. I can't remember who the artist is (terrible, I know!) but it was in the same room as Frida Kahlo, Diego Rivera, George Orozco so I'm assuming a mexican artist.



Then we went to happy hour but didn't take any pictures of that. :) Hopefully more posts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment