Saturday, June 6, 2009

Ramen noodles

The other night Chris and I went out to dinner. We have a whole list of restaurants that we are wanting to try, so we headed toward a new place, Ramen Setagaya. Yes, they serve ramen noodles. Apparently making them is an art in Japan, so we decided to try the New York version of this Japanese specialty.

After just a 10 minute walk, we were at the door. Unfortunately, the first thing we saw...

CASH ONLY

This is not uncommon around here. But we are both bad about carrying cash. We didn't think we had enough for dinner, so our next stop...



Okay, now we're ready for ramen yumminess.







I would have a hard time repeating what it was that we ordered...





One of us had the fatter noodles, one had the skinnier noodles. Both dishes were very good! And it was a fun experience - all of the staff was japanese, and many of the patrons, so maybe this place is somewhat authentic.



I'd go back, but it isn't at the top of my list - I have so many other places to try!

We finished out the night with a stop at...



Milk Bar! My favorite dessert place. I think I've mentioned that they have different flavors of soft serve every month.



I had to try the Red Licorice - I LOVE red licorice. The ice cream was tasty. But I hadn't been there for a few months and had to have some delicious cereal milk. Chris got Sour Gummy soft serve.



He said it wasn't as sour as he had hoped. I liked it because it wasn't as sour as I had feared.

No comments:

Post a Comment