Saturday, June 27, 2009

Changes



This was the scene across the street from me today. There were 2-3 other moving trucks there, but by the time I made it back there with my camera, some were gone. Moving day! It brings back bad memories - our last move was so awful. :(

This is the time when change is in the air. Not for normal people, who have times of transition in the fall when school starts or in January when the new year begins, but for those doctor folks. Every year, July 1 is the standard start date for residency to begin, so this is also the date when you transition to the next year. One batch of residents graduates and moves on to new things, and another batch comes rolling in, scared out of their minds. (I speak from experience.) Since medical school, I've been doing something new every year around this time.

Including moving! Eek!

This is the first year I won't have a big transition to deal with. Sure, I'll go from being a CA-1 (1st year anesthesia resident) to a CA-2 (second year anesthesia resident). And it will be very nice to not have to be at the very bottom of the totem pole anymore! But we aren't moving (thank god! we renewed our lease for another year! And no rent increase - amazing!) and I really do not do anything new or different at work. Just more complicated stuff, maybe.

Anyway it is kind of fun to see the proliferation of moving activity around our area. There are tons of hospitals in this area so a lot of people are coming and going right now. Scary and exciting for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment