Thursday, March 12, 2009

Post-test post

I had a test on Saturday. I have been trying to study to get ready for this test, so between the studying and the long work hours I've been doing the past few weeks, I have not had time to do much fun stuff. That's going to change! Now I will be able to work on my projects around the house, including making stuff and cleaning up and organizing and throwing things away, do yoga, work out (we're joining a gym this week!), goof off on the computer, take more pictures, catch up with blogging, reply to emails that I've been putting off (sorry!), wedding planning... I have big plans. I definitely hope to have more interesting posts coming up soon.

As far as brewing goes... (I know you were dying to know!) We brewed a wheat wine this weekend, it is a projected 9-10% ABV. Can't wait to see how it turns out. We also bottled Sweet Home Colorado, a Fat Tire clone. Label created by Chris.



One other brewing mishap to mention. We bottled The Dub a few weeks ago, a double brown. Every time I reorganize the bottles on the shelf (to move them around and make space for a new brew) I say, "I can't believe we have so much of The Dub! It doesn't seem possible!" We tasted The Dub once before, and it wasn't quite ready. The other day, we decided to try it again. When we opened the bottles, we realized that it was very coffee like... in fact, it is Double Buzz. (Our coffee stout porter.) We somehow mislabeled some of the Double Buzz bottles as The Dub. Now, unfortunately, we don't know which of The Dubs are Double Buzz. There can't be all that many left, though - of about 5 that we have opened so far, 6 of them have been Double Buzz. Hopefully soon we'll be able to trust our labeling skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment