Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Spring

I took this picture a couple of weeks ago. My two favorite sweeties.



Today is the first day of spring! When I woke up this morning, this is what I saw:



That is snow flurries on the corner of 1st and 18th. It was rainy and cold yesterday and now we're welcoming spring Colorado-style!

I have not been posting very much lately. Mostly because I've been working a lot, I worked 94 hours last week but only 45 or so this week, since I'm off this weekend I should be able to get another entry or two. I also haven't been taking many photos and posting pictures is what makes it fun to post on this blog. But hopefully I'll be able to post more in upcoming weeks.

We joined a gym yesterday! This was really exciting. I have been wanting to join a gym for months, and we got a good deal through one of the hospitals I work at. We went yesterday and worked out for the first time in a few months. Both Chris and I felt great afterward. I have to say that this was the highlight of my week.

We didn't get to brew this week, probably this weekend we'll do a batch. We are getting close to ordering new kits, which is always exciting. But here's a pic of the peaches in our Seven Pound Wheat:



We'll bottle that in a couple more weeks. Can't wait to enjoy it this summer.

I have to confess that I've been wasting a lot of time on one certain pursuit lately. Even when I try to stay away, I am drawn to it like a dog to a piece of hamburger on the street. My current addiction is... The Sims.



Okay, to be more precise, The Sims 2. We've owned it for a couple of years and I played it a lot when we first had it, but I tore myself away and hadn't gone back. But I needed something mindless to relax after I took my test a couple of weeks ago. I am not too big on TV, and just thought I'd go back to Sim-land for a couple of hours. HA. There is no couple of hours in this game. Now both Chris and I have been spending much of our free time parked in front of the computer playing this game. For those who are unfamiliar, it is a simulation game where basically there are characters and you control their activities. They go to work and then get to buy new stuff. They have relationships with other characters in the game. Chris and I created a neighborhood where we made ourselves and many of our friends - you might just live in Lost.



I have tried to justify this current illicit activity by telling myself that this is the time I could be spending watching TV, and at least this is interactive. But I think I just need to quit cold turkey. But not until I'm best friends with Katie, and Jasmine gets another promotion, and Hans can buy a telescope, and ...

The worst part is that they are coming out with The Sims 3 later this year. I don't know if I'll actually finish my residency on time if this continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment