Thursday, March 5, 2009

Peru - final post

Ok, yes, we got back from Peru almost 2 months ago and I am still blogging about it. It was so much fun! Now I look at the pictures and it is strange to think that we went somewhere so exciting. I had to add one final post, because Chris has been working on putting his journal from our trip online. He's got it just about complete on our wedding website:
http://www.sweetestdayoftheyear.com/goingson/peru/perutrip.html

I included a couple of sporadic travel tips, but I'll try to summarize the major points I took away from the trip:
1. Bring some plastic silverware, plates, and cups, like you would use for a picnic. They can be really handy when you just want to grab some grub at the local grocery store.
2. Along those same lines, our metal water bottles were so handy. We were able to buy huge 2-5 liter jugs of water and just leave them in the hotel room, refilling our water bottles to take with us during our daily outings.
3. Print out itineraries for every flight so you have something official looking even if you have an e-ticket. It almost caused us a huge headache that we didn't have itineraries printed when we had booked e-tickets on two separate airlines on our way home.
4. It doesn't hurt to ask for a better deal.

I might think of more. Post your own favorite travel tips as comments!

And one final note from the trip. I forgot to include this in the blog, but we saw the greatest mullet up at Macchu Pichu. As Chris put it, business in the front, rasta in the back.



Happy travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment