Thursday, November 27, 2008

thanksgiving!

This was the second year that chris and i just cooked at home. Last year, i worked the night before, and came home in the morning and slept for a few hours. Then we cooked all day, ate dinner with our friend curt who joined us, and i had to go back to work at 9 or 10 that night. It was such a bummer! I was only at work for a few hours that night, i'm sure i was home by midnight or 1. This year was great, I didn't have to work, which was a bonus. I miss my family, i haven't had thanksgiving with them for years. But we have fun cooking together, and the results are delicious! On the menu:

Herb and parm rolls
Green bean casserole
Mamaw's sweet potato souffle
Slow cooker mashed potatoes
Gravy
Cranberries (fresh - yum!)
Stuffing
Turkey!
Dessert - vanilla pumpkin pie with whipped cream

I got most of the recipes from allrecipes.com, but have modified some of them a bit. This year i sort of made up the turkey recipe from a few different recipes, and it came out delicious! So moist. I'll have to write it down so i remember what to do next year. I decided that this year, i'm thankful for the dishwasher! We didn't have one last year. Chris reminded me that he did all the dishes while i went to work. It is much better this year.

I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving, i know i did!

The whole spread:
(Can you believe all this food, just for two people? We're going to have leftovers for weeks!! Yay!)





Chris is an expert carver



Lilly anxiously hoping chris will drop something (poor dog, her parents NEVER feed her or give her treats)



Post turkey coma, 7pm

1 comment:

  1. Good thing there is no sound so you can't hear me snoring.

    ReplyDelete