Saturday, November 29, 2008

I got it!

I got my new lens today - a canon 70-300 4-5.6 IS! See photo on the zoo post. It is a telephoto lens, huge and heavy and hard to hold it still but i love it. I'm really looking forward to some nice zooming opportunities! This way i can finally capture my neighbors through their windows. I got the lens at a circuit city closing sale. It was a little bit cheaper with the 20% off than the price i had seen on amazon so i went for it!

I took some of the first photos of curt and katie:





They flew back in today from their trip to michigan, and met us for lunch at Fred's, one of our favorite restaurants. They have tons of photos of dogs on the walls from many customers. We knew curt and katie would love it, not just because of the tasty food and cozy atmosphere but because they are dog lovers like us.

Some pics from the subway on the way home:





It is really hard to hold that big lens still enough!
Tonight the empire state building is our wedding colors, which we thought was very thoughtful of them. I took a picture but it didn't capture the colors well enough so i'll either try another pic later on or see if i can fix it in photoshop.
We're hoping the lens will come in handy at the broncos game tomorrow. I'm sure from our seats i won't exactly be able to capture the looks on the players' faces but hopefully we can seem a little closer to the action!

No comments:

Post a Comment