Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Is it August already?

And almost halfway through... I can't believe I haven't put up a blog post for nearly a month. Well, my new resolution is to put up 2-3 posts a week. We'll see. But I already have a few backlogged from the past few weeks when I haven't done hardly any.

I will start with a very current event! This morning Chris and I went to breakfast with Mabel.





I was on call last night, so I left work about 9 this morning. We went to a place called Shopsin's, which my friend Fleurise has been talking about nonstop for weeks. She was raving about the food! I had to try it.



They have a very extensive menu!!



I had the Blister On Your Sister, or something like that. It was cheddar cheese, eggs, beans, rice, green chilis, all piled on top of corn tortillas. It was good. Chris had poached eggs floating in black bean soup with toast to dip. And Mabel had a sandwich. There were at least 15 things on the menu that I have to go back to try. Also worth mentioning is that we had fried brussel sprouts with our meal, that come with a special brussel sprout sauce. And it was good!

I took a few pictures of us and our food (obviously) but when I turned around to snap a photo of the sign and the store, one of the cooks yelled at me. He was just being ornery. But it was a bit annoying.



See Mabel's blog post about the place here.

No comments:

Post a Comment