Saturday, August 7, 2010

Visit From Walt and Ellie - part 2

After a wonderful relaxing weekend at the shore, we headed up to the wonderful but not entirely relaxing city. We were all tired when we got home, and I made mac and cheese and we walked around, showing W&E our neighborhood. I went to work, and the next morning when I got home, we headed out. We walked around for awhile. We checked out an exhibit in Madison Square Park that consists of statues of people. I couldn't resist taking an awkward photo next to the naked guy.



Most of the statues are on buildings, and many people have called the police, thinking that they are real people who will jump!



After discovering that several of our plans were thwarted because of places being closed on Mondays (gets me every time!) we headed to Pearl Oyster Bar for lunch. Maybe you've heard of their amazing lobster rolls?



We walked up to the High Line Park which was fun.





After Chris went to work, we walked around a little bit more and saw a movie shoot with Kate Hudson. That was pretty cool.







I almost got a good shot of her, but didn't check it till I got home, only to discover that a cab foiled my plan!



The rest of us went back to our apartment. They gathered up their luggage to head down to the hotel and get checked in.

The next day, Chris took them to have delicious vietnamese bahn mi sandwiches. One of our favorite meals! I really appreciate both Walt and Ellie being adventurous enough to try many of the unique foods NYC has to offer. Then they went to the Tenement Museum, which is a great place to visit that is not as well known. I hear they had a great time! That night, I met up with them and we headed over to Chris's work to say hello. We got to meet a few people, both coworkers and clients! That was fun. Then we grabbed lunch at the Grey Dog, a relaxed coffee shop/bar/restaurant that is down the street from Chris. We thought he'd be able to meet us, but instead we just brought him a sandwich. Which he said was delicious!

The next day was great! We all went to Cirque du Soleil!! Chris and I went to Ovo (a travelling show that was passing through Manhattan) a few weeks ago, and the show was AMAZING. I loved it so much, and when Walt and Ellie and I started talking about going to a show, I had to highly recommend it! The best part was that Chris worked overnight for a coworker and then was able to be off the next evening, so he went to the show with us! Even though he was exhausted. But the show was great, great, great.

I had such a good time on their visit, and I hope they did too!

No comments:

Post a Comment