Monday, June 7, 2010

Portrait Session

We recently took a little road trip to Burlington for the weekend. We had a great time, and the best part was that we got to see good friends Curt and Katie that we hadn't seen for months. We also got to meet baby Evie! Evelyn was born back in September and we've all been so busy that we haven't been able to get together, so this was a special treat for us. She was so charming and adorable. They were patient enough to let me practice my portrait-taking with them! I was happy with how the photos came out. Processing them in the computer took some time, and I was guilty to take almost a month to get them to Katie, but they're finally done and ready for their debut! I picked a few of my favorites to share with everyone.

We started outside, at a park in front of Lake Champlaign.









It started to rain, but we found some shelter and busted out the umbrella!





How adorable is Evie??



One of my favorite family shots.



I love the baby-smooching shots...





especially Ev's expression in this one!



The fist full of glasses cracks me up!



Katie is too gorgeous. I'll have to do a whole session with just her sometime.



This shot was not turning out exactly how I had planned in my head, but I can't help but laugh at how upset Ev was about it all! She definitely got tired of being a model.













Check out that wicked air!

I have realized that there are way too many pics for one post. So, you'll just have to be in suspense for the second part of the photo shoot!

1 comment:

  1. Shelli - If your gig as an anesthesiologist ever doesn't work out, I think you could be a professional photographer. The pics of your friends, Curt and Katie, and especially Evie, are some of the best pictures I've ever seen. Evie is adorable - you certainly captured their happy family! Thanks for sharing - I feel I was on the trip with you and seeing your friends in person. Joyce

    ReplyDelete