Friday, February 20, 2009

Brother in law Brew and Royal Mutt

We brewed on Sunday, and I also finally got a couple of labels finished so that we can get everything labelled. I hope the printer ink comes soon so we can actually print them out! I have been studying a whole lot lately so the brewing is a nice break. We also brewed two weeks ago, I didn't blog that session but it was uneventful. We've gotten proficient at brewing the batch of beer and rotating the different batches through the different stages. We're about to start making up our own recipes, hopefully with the help of BeerSmith, a computer program. We still have 4 kits coming sometime this week from Northern Brewer so I guess we'll get through those and see where we want to go next.

Last week, we bottled Royal Mutt Imperial Stout.



I can't wait to taste this one. We are probably going to wait 2 months before we even try it, as they all get better after being bottled for a long time, and the higher alcohol beers should be bottled even longer.

This week we bottled Brother in law Brew, which was a gift from my brother in law Will for christmas. It is a Sunshine Wheat (New Belgium) clone.



Can't wait to taste that one either! We brewed Beeriola on Sunday, which was a kit that was a gift from my stepsister and her family. We have brewed this kit before but can't wait to try it with our new and improved brewing techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment